Thank you for donating to your local Goodwill of South Central Wisconsin.
Goodwill gratefully accepts the following new or gently-used items in reusable condition:
– Clothing and accessories
– Books, media
– Household items
– Jewelry, antiques and collectibles
– Electrical items
– Toys and games
– Computers and computer equipment (working and non-working)
* No unassembled furniture, pianos, organs or hospital beds.
Note: We are also happy to accept old strings of holiday lights. While not appropriate for most city recycling programs, Goodwill SCWI will ensure old lights are responsibly recycled.
Please note that for the safety of our customers and staff, there are some items we cannot accept for resale or disposal, including:
– Building materials
– Infant furniture / seats (including cribs, car seats, strollers, hi-chairs, changing tables, swings, bouncers and walker/jumpers)
– Large appliances (including TV’s, microwaves, air conditioners and dehumidifiers)
– Mattresses and box springs
– Paint, chemicals or other hazardous materials
– Recalled products
Additional notes and hints:
– Goodwill SCWI partners with Dell’s Reconnect Program to ensure that non-working computer equipment is responsibly recycled.
– Updated recall information is available through The Consumer Product Safety Commission. We appreciate your understanding and efforts prior to donation.
– Many building materials that Goodwill cannot resell may be accepted by Habitat for Humanity of Dane County’s Habitat Restore.
– Many local municipalities and counties offer resources for disposing of items that Goodwill cannot accept:
Dane County/Madison Clean Sweep
Grant County (608-723-2675)
Jefferson County (920-674-7101)
Madison/Dane County Clean Sweep