When you support Goodwill, you provide:
- On-site job support to individuals with significant disabilities while they work in the community. All employees earn minimum wage or higher. Those receiving our services reap the many benefits of being a valued member of the workforce and local employers find the enthusiastic workers they want.
- Free face-to-face job search assistance to individuals with or without disabilities.
- Extra support to Madison College students with cognitive disabilities so that they can progress as far as possible through their course of study. Students with disabilities who earn college credit have increased employment opportunities and higher earning potential.
- A group home environment where individuals with chronic mental illness can acquire the skills they need to be successfully employed or live on their own.
- An opportunity for individuals to establish a recent work reference, acquire general work skills and reinforce positive work habits while working at a Goodwill site.
- Free income tax return preparation assistance to low-income workers and others. In addition to this personal service, the community benefits as tax refunds can generate spending within the local economy.
- Workers and others in need with vouchers for free clothing and household items from one of our stores.
- Quality apartments for low-income workers and others with chronic mental illness, as well as low-income retirees.
- Job-related training to human service and transit workers who serve individuals with disabilities and others in our community.
Through your support:
- The public learns about the importance of recycling.
- Cab drivers, para-transit drivers, individuals working in community-based residential facilities and other human services care providers receive work-related training.
- Area employers learn about the Americans with Disabilities Act and the benefits of hiring individuals with disabilities.
Also, we suggest checking the Consumer Product Safety Commission site for any items that you believe may have been recalled. Many goods that we normally welcome, including toys, baby furniture or clothing, may be under recall. We appreciate your understanding and efforts prior to donation!
Donations of clothing, footwear, books, household items and linens may also be made at businesses and organizations sponsoring a donation drive.
- You have an opportunity to browse a wide selection of merchandise that changes every day.
- Your dollars buy a lot more than they do at other stores.
- You’re helping our planet by keeping goods out of area landfills.
- You’re making a positive impact in the lives of individuals with disabilities or other challenges right here in South Central Wisconsin.
The return policy for our online store, shopgoodwillmadison.com, varies from that of our retail stores. See the return policy on each item’s posting.