January 28th in National LEGO day, commemorating the first patent filed in 1958 for this iconic toy with endless building possibilities.
Can you guess how many LEGO pieces are in this jar? Scroll down to see the answer!
First, our resident LEGO expert Ed wants to share some fun facts you may not know about LEGO:
- Every second, seven LEGO sets are sold by retailers around the world!
- There are over 60 colors of LEGO in production and more than 3,700 different bricks and other elements to choose from.
- Ole Kirk Christiansen created the LEGO Group in 1932 – the word LEGO comes from the Danish phrase leg godt (“play well”).
- There are 86 LEGO bricks for every person on earth.
- In 2009, James May created the first full-sized LEGO house with 3.3 million bricks in Great Britain. It included a working toilet, shower and bed constructed entirely from LEGO bricks.
Happy National LEGO Day!