Do you want to make a positive difference in your community? Then volunteer with Goodwill!
We provide many opportunities for you to give to your community. You can participate in and/or plan activities for individuals who receive our services, provide support during community events or contribute in other ways. We welcome those who are interested in volunteering as a group as well as those who want to serve on an individual basis. We’re happy to work with students wanting to fulfill educational requirements and those interested in completing their court-mandated community service.
Examples of Volunteer Opportunities:
- Teach a new skill, such as sewing, gardening, cooking, how to make home repairs, how to play the piano, woodworking, painting, knitting or hair styling, to individuals receiving our Supported Employment services or living in one of our group homes. Our group homes provide an environment where individuals can learn the skills they need to be successfully employed or live on their own.
- Provide employment-related guidance to one or more group home residents (e.g., help them establish career/job goals, teach them how to fill out a job application and use job placement services within the community, conduct mock job interviews).
- Teach group home residents how to use community resources that will be available to them upon their move to a more independent living setting (e.g., how to borrow materials from the library, how to ride a city bus, how to apply for food stamps).
- Do landscaping, cleaning and/or repair work at one of our group homes or supported apartment buildings.
- Be a companion to one or more group home residents (e.g., visit with them on a regular basis, go on walks with them, take them into the community via city bus).
- Provide assistance at a special event such as the launch of Boston Store’s Goodwill Sale.
- Prepare income tax returns or perform other related duties through our Volunteer Income Tax Preparation Assistance program.
Interested in Volunteering?
If you would like to volunteer, SAVE the student, group or individual online application to your computer (you will need Adobe Reader version 6.0 or later to view this file), enter your information, SAVE again and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may print the appropriate application, fill it out manually and mail/fax to:
Goodwill of South Central Wisconsin
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
1302 Mendota Street
Madison, WI 53714
*PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN AND DATE ALL APPLICATIONS MANUALLY OR ELECTRONICALLY BEFORE SUBMITTING.
Once your application is received, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to discuss specific opportunities.
- A criminal background check will be conducted on all prospective volunteers
- Any volunteer under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult