Do you want to make a positive difference in your community? Then volunteer with Goodwill!
We provide many opportunities for you to give to your community. You can participate in and/or plan activities for individuals who receive our services, provide support during community events or contribute in other ways. We welcome those who are interested in volunteering as a group as well as those who want to serve on an individual basis. We’re happy to work with students wanting to fulfill educational requirements and those interested in completing their court-mandated community service.
Examples of Volunteer Opportunities:
- Teach a new skill, such as sewing, gardening, cooking, how to make home repairs, how to play the piano, woodworking, painting, knitting or hair styling, to individuals receiving our Supported Employment services or living in one of our group homes. Our group homes provide an environment where individuals can learn the skills they need to be successfully employed or live on their own.
- Provide employment-related guidance to one or more group home residents (e.g., help them establish career/job goals, teach them how to fill out a job application and use job placement services within the community, conduct mock job interviews).
- Teach group home residents how to use community resources that will be available to them upon their move to a more independent living setting (e.g., how to borrow materials from the library, how to ride a city bus, how to apply for food stamps).
- Do landscaping, cleaning and/or repair work at one of our group homes or supported apartment buildings.
- Be a companion to one or more group home residents (e.g., visit with them on a regular basis, go on walks with them, take them into the community via city bus).
- Provide assistance at a special event such as the launch of Boston Store’s Goodwill Sale.
- Prepare income tax returns or perform other related duties through our Volunteer Income Tax Preparation Assistance program.
We have openings within our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program for Tax Preparers for the 2018 tax season! If you are interested in VITA please contact Christina Wen at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 608-246-3140 ext. 155.
For group volunteer opportunities in 2018, please contact Kate Buenger at email@example.com or 608-246-3140 ext. 190.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to partnering with you!