Face-to-Face Human Services Training
We provide training programs for Community Based Residential Facilities (CBRF) workers, as well as customized courses for other types of human services care providers, including:
- Adult Family Home (AFH) providers
- Assisted living facility staff
- Group home staff
- Home health care providers
- Case management staff
- Day services providers
- Anyone who provides care and services to vulnerable persons in our community
For example, we provide:
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services-approved training for CBRF (i.e., standard precautions, first aid with choking, fire safety)
- All-employee training (i.e., resident rights, recognizing and responding to challenging behaviors, client group specific – mental health)
- Adult CPR certification
- Abuse, neglect and misappropriation training
Sessions are held at Goodwill’s home office in Madison, at 1302 Mendota Street. Professional training facilities are available for groups of up to 20 people. Documentation of course completion will be provided electronically.
Click here to view our January through March course offerings and schedule.
- Educate the public about the importance of recycling.
- Give individuals who are seeking employment an opportunity to establish a recent work reference, acquire general work skills and reinforce positive work habits while working at a Goodwill site.
- Inform area employers about the federal Americans with Disabilities Act and the benefits of hiring persons with disabilities.
- Provide federally required training to cab and paratransit drivers so they can operate their vehicles and equipment safely, properly assist and treat individuals with disabilities using their service in a respectful and courteous manner and generally improve customer service.
- Offer state-required human services training programs that provide Community Based Residential Facilities workers and other human services employees with the information and skills they are required to have in order to perform their work in state-licensed facilities.