At Goodwill SCWI, we know that many people in our communities are eager to help provide needed items for the Afghan refugees being housed at Fort McCoy. We are proud to assist with this effort by collecting items via our donation centers and transporting them to the emergency response team at Fort McCoy, Team Rubicon.
Please note: Team Rubicon request primarily NEW items as specified on the list below, however gently-used clothing items in the specified sizes and that are culturally appropriate (modest, solid colors) will also be accepted for the refugees.
As always, Goodwill SCWI will gratefully accept your donations of gently used goods and items not on the list below. These items stay in our resale stores to support Goodwill programs in our local communities.
To make a donation for the Afghan refugees, simply bring any of the items listed below to your local Goodwill SCWI donation center. Please be sure to tell the attendant which donations are the new items to be set aside and transported to Fort McCoy.
Team Rubicon is requesting donations of primarily new clothing items, but may also accept gently used, high quality clothing that meets the size and cultural specifications . Please note the following:
- Children’s clothing: Sizes newborn to 5T are the top priority needed.
- No cartoons or other characters on children’s clothing.
- Adult clothing: sizes Small and Medium ONLY for both men and women.
- Fall and winter clothing only — long-sleeved tops, men’s pants, full-length skirts/dresses.
- Hats, coats, shoes and boots are needed for all — solid colors (not white), no patterns.
- Please leave sales tags on items for easier size identification.